Cross referencing/finding I/O in Step 7 v5.5

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to find all instances of an input (or any other tag for that matter) anywhere in a Step 7 v5.5 program? I can't find a Cross Reference functionality, and the Find only seems to work on symbols (not hardware addresses), and also only returns results from the FC/OB you're searching in.

Thanks!

Of course I find it as soon as I post the thread.

Options>Reference Data>Display and select Cross Reference.

Although, when I find the reference I'm after and right click on it, the "Go To Location" option is greyed out...any ideas why this is? I mean I can find it manually from the details on the screen, but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to...

Don't right click.
Double left click on the location data in the Xref and the software will take you to that location.

For sorting cross reference with address or symbol names, there is setting but it is located elsewhere than cross reference.

Right click step7 program folder, then select object properties and address priority tab. If you select symbol -> cross reference list is sorted by symbols.

Address priority affects also to programming and how step7 opens blocks after you have changed symbol names/addresses on symbol or DB-tables.

Ah yes. If I right click on the location column I can select Go To Location (or double click), but not on the Address or the Block column. Thanks Mike!