RSLogix 5000 Cross Reference like Rslogix 500

No, RSLogix 5000 does not have the same Cross Reference display features as RSLogix 500. The Cross Referencing in RSLogix 5000 is carried out using a separate window for displaying the results.

What I do, if I want to Cross Reference many tags conveniently, is to open the Cross Reference window (Ctrl+E) and stack the Routine window above it like a split screen. When you highlight a tag address in the Routine for Cross Referencing, use Ctrl+E and it will display its results in the Cross Reference window below.

If you don't want to stack the windows then you can perform the same function which will open the Cross Reference window on top of the Routine window each time. You need to re-select the Routine window to return focus.

If you're not so hot on the keyboard shortcut method then you can also use the more conventional right-click on a tag and then choose "Go To Cross Reference For <TagName>".

It's not quite as convenient as the RSLogix 500 direct Cross Reference display method, but that has its disadvantages too. It can look very cluttered where you have addresses with multiple references. A personal preference either way, perhaps.

By the way, I did not write the above assuming you did not know the normal Cross Referencing method in RSLogix 5000. It is intended more for novices that may read it.

Regards,
George

5K_X_REF.jpg

Just to add to George's very comprehensive wrap of the RSLogix 5000 Cross Reference functionality: pressing Ctrl+Tab will switch between the logic window and the cross reference window, for quick switching back and forth if you don't want to stack them.

It also cycles through any tag browser windows you've got open, so if you want to just quickly go back and forth between logic and xref, then just close the tag browser.