RSLogix 5000 v20, ALMD's, FTView SE v6 - DST Issue

Vinster

I've encountered an issue I am not sure how to deal with. The alarming on my FTViewv6 SE alarms are all behind 1 hour. I've verified that the PLC's (v20) time is correct, the time in the PC is about 30sec from the PLC. but what I realized is the time in the ALMD instruction doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that DST time is effect and that it needs to add +1hr

Here are my PLC properties;
PLC_Properties.png

Here is one of many ALMD's and what happens if I try to change the timezone manually within the ALMD;
ALMD.jpg

Other than disabling DST and setting the time manually (not an option as the plant I work at has hundreds of PLC's), how can I get this resolved?

I've read through portions of the FTView user manual and I can't find anything that describes this.

anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Vin

Where do I find that? you'll have to give me the exact file path as the vendor of these systems deleted all the installation path from the start menu.

And looking from my PC I can't find anything other than the basic SE HMI Tag Alarm Log Setup.. and there nothing related to time settings there.

And I forgot to mention these are all SE Local installations. Not distributed.

Vin

Last edited:
No, the server use internal time properties not plc time. However a good policy is to sync plcs time and server time at least once a day. There is an application for that.

What do you mean by "Server" time?

The PLC and PC times are within 30 seconds of each other. Both have DST enabled.

What else is there?

Big Picture I just captured;

ALRM - This is a test.jpg

Vin

Last edited:
I figured it out. in the registry DisableAutoDayLightTimeSet was set to True.

This must had been over-writing what the menu (pictured above) check box was doing.

I set it to 0 and re-booted and the PC's are fine.

Vin