Direct Logic 205 DL240 CPU comm issue

jeb72

Hello,

Wondering if anyone could possibly shed some light on an issue with a Direct Logic 205/DL 240 CPU. I'm having zero luck talking to this thing and it's driving me crazy...I'm using a run of the mill Lenovo Think Pad laptop with Direct Soft 5 installed and when I go to "add link" I only see comm port's 1-4, but my laptops comm ports are 9-11 and I am using a RS232 to USB adapter. It doesn't matter which one of the ports on my laptop I connect to, I either get a "PLC not responding" message or I get "cannot communicate with port" message...is there anyway around this? Is there anyway of making a link to the PLC?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Jon

You can also open device manager, find your USB serial ports and force it to com ports 1-4. This setting is under advanced (I think).
Be careful that you don't force it to a port that really has something attached, like your mouse etc.
That being typed, it is better to follow Bernie's link.