ge 90-30 comm issue

ygnm

hello. i am working on a ge 90-30 plc and i am having an issue connecting to it. i could connect to it earlier in the day and i uploaded from it now i am getting "Error 8503: communication subsystem timed out". i am communicating with it through ethernet and getting to it to connect directly with serial may be an issue. any suggestions?

Error 8503 says:
Connection to the communication subsystem did not occur due to the subsystem timing out, or communication was lost after the connection was made due to a pulled wire.
A dialog box appears indicating the error.

What was in the dialog box?

Can you still ping the PLC?

Re-boot your computer and try it again.

Maybe if we had some details?
If you can ping it but it will not connect there is a problem with either the Ethernet drivers on your PC or with PME.
If you can connect with serial go that route, if not why not?

With what you have told us so far all I can suggest is to re-install PME.

Did you verify that the IP in the PLC is what PME is using in the Target's Parameter "IP Address"?

the ip address is correct. i was connected to it earlier in the day and uploaded the program. i went off line to do some other things and when i tried to go back online it wont let me. it just times out. i cant get to the platform where the plc is right now to correct via serial cable. i am going to go over there tomorrow because we are going to have a different boat that will make it accessable. i didnt change anything with the program when i went off line. just cant figure it out.