Siemens CP1613 card failure

ganasa

Hi, My PC fails to load the Device driver for a CP1613 card when the PC is rebooted. The PC is being rebooted whenever there is a loss of communication between the OPC server and the Wonderware OPC link. The CP card can start to work only after reinstalling the drivers. Please note that this installation is on a off shore platform.

Thanks in advance

ganasa

This could be down to the way that the CP card was installed in the first place. Siemens recommends that the software and drivers are installed before the card is plugged into a PCI slot. If the initial install was done the opposite way, i.e card first then drivers, it might be worth unistalling the drivers, removing the card and doing it the way Siemens recommends.

Paul

It sounds like there is an incapatability issue with one of your software packages. Do you have the licenses installed for the Softnet software? It is sold seperately from the board. If you installed the drivers from the CD that came with the card and not the license, there is your problem. What version of Softnet, Wonderware and Windows operating system are you running?

Is the driver installed in the "Set PG/PC interface" dialog ? If you deïnstall it there, it won't be loaded.

Which OS are you running on ?