Controllogix 1756-L73 firmware

Jim G.

I have an AB 1756-L73 processor that I want to use to replace a L62. I have the L73 hooked up to a spare rack on a bench and have updated the firmware to 19.xx which is the same version in the program I want to download. I have downloaded the program and everything looks OK for the swap out. The L73 has the old L62 program converted to L73. All the firmware update and program download was done via USB. The L62 in the system running is Ethernet. Will the L73 plug right in the system rack and run or are there other things to consider before swapping processors. Thanks.

You should be good. You will want to make sure all of the IO and ethernet devices connect properly to the new processor. But again there should not be any issues.