Cannot connect to TSX P57 3634M

JakeTech

Hi all;

I am having problems connecting to a Schneider Electric PLC.

I've had a real good look around the web and the forums and am still unsure why I cannot resolve this issue, so hopefully someone here will be able to point me towards a thread with the answer or give me some direction.

The PLC in question is a Schneider Electric TSX P57 3634M processor/ETY Port comms combo card. I am unable to connect via:
- TCPIP using a crossover cable or straight cables to a hub/switch
- USB/UNITELWAY using the TSX CRJMD25/TSX CUSB485 cable
I have no other cables, etc to connect with.

USB / UNITELWAY:
I have connected to both the TER and AUX ports, setting my cable in turn to TER Direct, TER Multi and so on, without luck. I have checked the driver settings, ensuring via Windows Device Manager that the COM port number in Unity Pro / Driver Manager matches that of the laptop. I have tried various COM ports (e.g. 1, 3, etc.) but none seem to work. Also I have tried multiple BAUD rates and so on as suggested online but again, no luck. I have set the address to SYS/USB and SYS/UNITELWAY but neither has worked.

TCPIP:
I have power-cycled the PLC to reboot it, which has returned it to it's default IP address (which I reconstructed as 85.16.26.177 from it's MAC address, ending in 1A-B1). Setting the laptop to 85.16.26.180 (subnet 255.255.0.0) has enabled me to ping it succesfully from the command prompt within Windows, however I am still unable to connect to it from the 'set address' window in Unity Pro. I am also able to see the PLC in Rockwell Automation's 'BootP' software (I can view it's MAC address and reassign it to something else, which I can then ping successfully from the command prompt once the laptop is set to a compatible IP).

I have removed all I/O modules from the rack in case they are causing some kind of conflict, but again this has not helped.

In frustration I have tried both Unity Pro L and Unity Pro M, even though that shoudln't matter for the sake of establishing a simple connection..!

I did see an obscure mention somewhere suggesting it's because I am using an 'extended' rack instead of a 'non-extended' rack (my rack is part number TSX RKY12EX). I have tried with and without terminators on the ends of the rack and it makes no difference.
Is the rack/backplane the cause of my problems? I have no other spares I can try for this PLC.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated! There's a lot of inof here, and I hope I haven't missed anything out. It is doubly confusing as I am able to ping the PLC but Unity Pro will not connect.

Many thanks, Jake

Hi all;

I am having problems connecting to a Schneider Electric PLC.

I've had a real good look around the web and the forums and am still unsure why I cannot resolve this issue, so hopefully someone here will be able to point me towards a thread with the answer or give me some direction.

The PLC in question is a Schneider Electric TSX P57 3634M processor/ETY Port comms combo card. I am unable to connect via:
- TCPIP using a crossover cable or straight cables to a hub/switch
- USB/UNITELWAY using the TSX CRJMD25/TSX CUSB485 cable
I have no other cables, etc to connect with.

USB / UNITELWAY:
I have connected to both the TER and AUX ports, setting my cable in turn to TER Direct, TER Multi and so on, without luck. I have checked the driver settings, ensuring via Windows Device Manager that the COM port number in Unity Pro / Driver Manager matches that of the laptop. I have tried various COM ports (e.g. 1, 3, etc.) but none seem to work. Also I have tried multiple BAUD rates and so on as suggested online but again, no luck. I have set the address to SYS/USB and SYS/UNITELWAY but neither has worked.

TCPIP:
I have power-cycled the PLC to reboot it, which has returned it to it's default IP address (which I reconstructed as 85.16.26.177 from it's MAC address, ending in 1A-B1). Setting the laptop to 85.16.26.180 (subnet 255.255.0.0) has enabled me to ping it succesfully from the command prompt within Windows, however I am still unable to connect to it from the 'set address' window in Unity Pro. I am also able to see the PLC in Rockwell Automation's 'BootP' software (I can view it's MAC address and reassign it to something else, which I can then ping successfully from the command prompt once the laptop is set to a compatible IP).

I have removed all I/O modules from the rack in case they are causing some kind of conflict, but again this has not helped.

In frustration I have tried both Unity Pro L and Unity Pro M, even though that shoudln't matter for the sake of establishing a simple connection..!

I did see an obscure mention somewhere suggesting it's because I am using an 'extended' rack instead of a 'non-extended' rack (my rack is part number TSX RKY12EX). I have tried with and without terminators on the ends of the rack and it makes no difference.
Is the rack/backplane the cause of my problems? I have no other spares I can try for this PLC.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated! There's a lot of inof here, and I hope I haven't missed anything out. It is doubly confusing as I am able to ping the PLC but Unity Pro will not connect.

Many thanks, Jake

Hi Jake. Did you try connect from another PC?

I've tried several laptops and VM's (some Windows XP and some Windows 7) and used all connection methods on all of these PC's, but still no luck.

When you power up, will PLC go to run mode or is there red error lights at plc flashing/solid?

Is memory card properly attached to slot?
There is micro switch at memory slot, if card isn't pushed hardly to slot, you won't get any connection. Red lights flashes if switch is open. (I can check tomorrow behavior of lights)

When you removed xbus terminals, did the plc leds change. Again, if you remove resistors, you can't connect with program.

There is little arrows at plastic slot and memory card, is memory card rightly at slot (arrows agains each other)

You can also try without memory card if card is defective. But you need original plastic cover to plc if you remove card.

Managed to get it working by switching the rack address to 1 via the dip switches out of curiosity, it then connected via SYS/UNITWL01 with USB/485 cable. Switched it back to rack address 0 and it has continued to work since.

Very frustrating, I had it at address zero for the past couple of days and it wouldn't work..! Thanks for your time all the same