RSLogix micro

amhd90

hi,
first i am new to this forum, so is there any restrictions on how many posts we can make. Because i am working on some project and i may ask too much question.
Secondly, does someone know a free HMI software with RSLogix micro lite, or at least does someone knows how to connect schneider IGSS hmi software , to rslogix micro ?
Thank you.

so is there any restrictions on how many posts we can make

No.

HMI software is not going to talk to your RSLogix Micro Lite as its programming software used to program a ML1000 or ML1100 PLCs.

I am not familiar with Schneider IGSS HMI software.

See link below for a free HMI software that will talk to Allen Bradley PLC's

http://www.advancedhmi.com/

It also might be helpful if you told the forum what PLC you have.

You can never ask too many questions!

IGSS provides a driver for communicating with Allen Bradley controllers using OPC. This would require an OEM licenced version of RSLinx Classic, which is Allen Bradley's communications software...

Allen Bradley RS-linx ID:25

While they do not specifically mention the MicroLogix controllers with this OPC driver, I'm sure they are compatible? For OPC topics in RSLinx Classic, under Data Collection, the Processor Type does not have a selection for the MicroLogix controllers. You normally just select the SLC-503+ instead and it works.

You must be using the MicroLogix 1000 or 1100 if you only have RSLogix Micro Starter Lite?

Something also tells me that you may not want to purchase an OEM license for RSLinx Classic as you are looking for free stuff, but I could be wrong.

The AdvancedHMI option would be a good choice here if "free" is the flavour of the day and its very clever creator, Archie, is ever present here to assist any users.

Regards,
George

Thank you guys all of your replies was good. Yes, meanwhile, i cant afford a license, i am still learning so let me stick to the free software first and then we will see.