4-20 ma math

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good morning to all

It's on to phase 100 of the learning process.

Using FTV 8.1, Rs Logix Micro developer and 1400 micro processors.

We are installing a conductivity meter that out puts 4-20. I need to learn how to write out the math equation to convert the 4-20 and display on the HMI, data log it, and turn on an alarm after the high set point is reached.

Can any one point me to a link of some sample programming?

Thank you all for your valuable time and attention.

Just be careful to check the full range of the analog input you are using.

For instance, the 1762-IF4 set up for curent has a FULL range of 0-21mA resulting in counts from 0 to 32767. The following Counts/mA relationships are what you will see with that card:
Code:
32767   21 mA
31206   20 mA
6241    4 mA
0       0 mA

So for the SCP instruction you parameters would be
In Min: 6241
In Max: 31206
Scaled Min: Conductivity @ 4 mA
Scaled Max: Conductivity @ 20 mA