Photo Identification and PLC's

_Gregory

Hello all,

I am in search of a method of using photo identification to identify different types of anode blocks. Once identified this equipment will need to communicate with a PLC to sort the anode blocks. The PLC will be a ControlLogix. The next step will be photo identification of any discoloration, cracks or spalling. Once again the equipment will communicate with the ControlLogix. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in the dark and new to the Photo Identification field.

Regards,

-Greg

Rockwell has an Encompass Partner that does that exact thing, I just saw them at an RAOTM show. It directly interfaces with Logix platforms. Naturally, I can't for the life of me remember the name, but I'll find it for you.

Cognex is the 800-pound gorilla of the machine vision industry, and they do some very good integration with ControlLogix. They are Rockwell's principal partner for machine vision applications.

Keyence and Matrox both also make some devices that integrate well with ControlLogix.

Machine vision for automated inspection can be pretty specialized; I've done some extremely simple pattern matching systems, but for complex stuff I bring in a consultant. My guy is in the Seattle area, so PM me if you'd like his contact info.

Rockwell has an Encompass Partner that does that exact thing, I just saw them at an RAOTM show. It directly interfaces with Logix platforms. Naturally, I can't for the life of me remember the name, but I'll find it for you.

D'oh!
I totally misread the original post....šŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒ

Read the title and jumped to a conclusion, then when I read the actual post, my brain skipped over the actual details I guess. :sick:

Hello all,

I am in search of a method of using photo identification to identify different types of anode blocks. Once identified this equipment will need to communicate with a PLC to sort the anode blocks. The PLC will be a ControlLogix. The next step will be photo identification of any discoloration, cracks or spalling. Once again the equipment will communicate with the ControlLogix. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in the dark and new to the Photo Identification field.

Regards,

-Greg
Wen you get a proposal, keep in mind that any vision system like you describe is going to be 80% lighting, 10% lensing/resolution the rest is software and development. If the proposal does not show close to this be suspicious.