subtracting counters

jeepman

in a slc 5, Is there a way to subtract one counter acc from another one and then say if the subtraction is over 5 that it would trigger and output with greater or equal to 5. Thanks for all your help in advance

Please be more specific about the SLC model number. In some cases it may be relevant. The accumulators are just numbers. For a standard counter, let's say C5:0 the accumulator value is at C5:0.ACC. Use an ordinary subtract instruction to get the difference then a compare instruction to determine if that difference is greater than (GRT)or a 'Greater Than Or Equal To' (GEQ) instruction to test.

This is in s slc 5/02, I have a feeling im addressing it incorrectly, Do i need to have n7 in the dest to be able to compare greater or equal to. Thank you

source A C5:4.acc
?
Source B C5:5.acc
?
Dest n7:10
?

GEO
source A N7:0
?
Source B 5
?

AQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

vAsX3g2D5wbB84tg8c2weO7QPH9oFj+8CxfeDYPnBsn3+kOW9KYR9S2AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
If N7:10 is the destination of the "SUB" instruction then source A of the compare instruction "GEQ" would be N7:10.