Profane Software issues.... Please help.

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
My client wants me to install GP-PROEX on their laptop so they can make changes on one of their screen in the future as needed. Their screens out here are a mix between AB Panelview/PV+ and Quickpanels. but then they have this 1 proface panel... They have 2 Disk sets with serial keys for V2.5 but unfortunately the disks must have bounced around in someone's truck for too long and are beyond scratched. I cannot find V2.5 to.download via Google so I was hoping maybe someone here has it. I downloaded 4.0 trial and then tried my serial key and key code from V2.5 but no luck... to make matters worse I think another Contractor made changes to the panel with v3.6 so 2.5 probably won't work anymore anyways lol. but the client doesn't want to buy a new license... so I am wondering what my options are. sorry for the long winded explanation

GP-Pro EX applications are not backward-compatible. If the latest changes were made with 3.6 and you don't have the application file created in 2.5, the only option is to upgrade to 3.6 at least. That is provided the previous contractor did bother to download the source app into the HMI so it can be uploaded back.

So your customer would have to bite the bullet on this one and buy the upgrade (which is about $700, I believe) to the latest version. Or to buy himself an entirely new screen from a different brand and to develop the app anew.

If you know for a fact there is a good app file created in rev. 2.5 that you can use, you may be lucky contacting Proface America tech. support and asking for it.

Yeah I kind of figured that. i have the v3.6 backup. but not the 2.5. I think they will just end up hiring it out when they needs changes made. they do have some spare quickpanels I could put in but I doubt the will bother with that either. lol