Videojet Laser Fault Codes Via HMI

pogi1952

I am looking to display fault codes from a Videojet laser printer model 3330 using its serial port. Its existing Ethernet connection is being used by print manager software on a separate network. I would like to bring the info into an existing plc and then display it on an existing panel view plus HMI if possible. A small stand alone display is also an option. Has anyone tried to pull data from this kind of setup rather than using OEM supplied handheld displays, etc. ?

I'm expecting a new software by two weeks. This package will include an OPC server to be used with our 3 videojet 2360 printers. They told me this new package will be capable of managing printing and production at the same time. The main reason why I ordered this package is because of OPC server. My idea is to connect the OPC server to my FT View SE SCADA and I hope to have alarms, production at any time. The package is called Clarinet from CLariSuite.

Last edited: