panelview550 fault

johneedw

Dear friends,
I need your advice for a fault occurred in my HMI Allen-Bradely (panelview550) model:CAT 2711-B5A2.
This fault is an alarm says : (No Valid Application)!.
1- Advice me about this alarm please.
2- If this alarm means that the panel need to upload the application again, can i use a RAM to transfer
the application to this fault panel from identical panel having the same application ?..
3- The panel has no RAM card but it has a RAM card socket,also, i have no programming cable and no transferring software
(panel builder32)!.
Waiting for kind help

It sounds like to me you might be screwed. With no software program, no means of transferring the intended program to the PV, and no way to upload and see what the existing file (if there is any) looks like... hmmm, I don't know.

If you can get hold of an Allen Bradley PCMCIA flash card Cat no.2711-NM216 then as long as you have access to the config. screen you can suck out the PVA file from the identical panelview (as long as it hasn't been stripped of it's recompile files) and squirt it back into the offending panelview - remembering to change any differing configs (ie node number, baud rates etc.).

Steve

good point on the memory card nehpets. That may work for you johneedw. I forgot about that. I've never used those. The price has always sticker shocked me for what you get. Is the 16MB (2711-NM216) the biggest you can get for a panelview standard?