FactoryTalk View SE using dot-fields

phuz

Can you use dot fields in View SE like you can in Wonderware?
I'm using a single template for HOAs and PIDs and want to reference the tag's minimum/maximum values for ranging.
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to spend trying to hunt this one down.

No, FTView is still 20 years behind Wonderware (and every other HMI on the market). The only (generally useless) way to get to tag properties is to put a "Tag Label" object, but that is display only.

If you are using 8.1, the new numeric entry control finally displays the tag limits, but they aren't externally accessible.

External controls, ie: Numeric Keypad Control for RSView32 allows for entry limits to be set either as hard limits, or based on yet other tags.

FTView is basically trash, with an extremely high price tag.

Thanks for the response. I ended up putting the limits in a parameter file, which isn't the most convenient, but it works.
I'm continually amazed at the lack of functionality compared to other HMI/SCADA products.

Archestra, FTW.