AB SLC500 and RSlogix

secs

Hi all.

I do a lot of fault finding but not a huge amount of programming with the plc's. My question relates to the AB SLC500. I need to simply add a Ex If Open type contact to an existing running PLC. Can I do this LIVE or do I have to do it offline and upload the complete program again?

The unit is on a running machine and I dont want to take it offline as I do the upload so I either have to do it live (if possible) or when the machine isnt being used.

Many thanks

It depends on the software and the SLC you have.

The SLC5/01 and 02, I don't believe support online editing.

RSLogix500 starter does not support online editing.

depends on what version

Hi all.

I do a lot of fault finding but not a huge amount of programming with the plc's. My question relates to the AB SLC500. I need to simply add a Ex If Open type contact to an existing running PLC. Can I do this LIVE or do I have to do it offline and upload the complete program again?

The unit is on a running machine and I dont want to take it offline as I do the upload so I either have to do it live (if possible) or when the machine isnt being used.

Many thanks

It depends on what version software you have Starter does not do it. It may effect the programs scan time so watch when you do it operations may lag.

Thanks all. I will do it offline and download. I thought as much...

Peter

We did not say it could not be done. If you have a processor other then a SLC5/01 or 02. And software other then the starter it can be done.

The SLC5/03,04,05 do support online editing.

RSLogix500 Standard and RSLogix500 Pro do support online editing.

...and the RSLogix 500 software edition???...o_O

Go to...

Help>About RSLogix 500...

RSLogix 500 Edition.png

Last edited: