GX dev 7 problem

MOG

Hi all,
I have downloaded a plc prog to my laptop from an Fx series. I have gone into the programme to edit it offline. When I press the convert key after editing the pc tells me it cannot write to the plc as it is not connected, but I only want to convert the ladder and save to disk.
I have a vague recollection of this happening to me a while ago and found it was a setting wrong due to being a downloaded programme rather than a new programme.

Any help would be appreciated

MOG

Hello,
What you need to do I believe is:
Under the tools menu select options. In the options there is a check box you need to un-check that should read something like "execute online change by compile".

I haven't used GX Developer in quite some time now but if I recall correctly it is pretty much the same in GX Works 2.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Thanks Dave,

Found under tools: options: after conversion writing behaviour: I set this to "do not write to plc" and all is now rosy in the garden.
Thanks again

MOG