To PLucas

Mike Williams said:

If you are ever down in dixie land, come on by and get the cold beer I owe you.

Shame you live in Dixie land!!

I am 90% sure I will be visiting New York next year, otherwise I could have taken you up on that offer of a beer.

Mike Williams said:
Thanks alot for helping me out.

Anytime!

Paul

Hey Mike, I'm going accros the pond and hope to visit w/ Mr Paul...what kind of brew shall I take him? Now I'm sure that we will get a wide range of answers, so lets pick a few that are truely unique to this area...like Shiner or Lone Star ....or you give me an idea...
David

Shame you live in Dixie land!!

Sorry Paul, Everyone just cannot be from god's country.
I am amercian by birth, but I am southern by the grace of god. :cool:

I like miller products, killians, some old german brew I forgot the name of, well hell, I like most all beer. beerchug

I am off to the west coast, have a good trip David.

Well,

If we are talking favourite beer, then I have to go for a good ol' English real ale.... Hopback Summer Lightning. That hits the spot.

But if you are also talking favourite country for beer, then that is undoubtbly Belgium! That is one country I love visiting for the diversity of beer on offer, all of them come with their own brand glass as well, no I am not talking about the well known brands like Stella Artois, Hoegaarden and the like, I am talking about the Trapist beers and others, such as Westmalle, Chimay, Duvel, Kwak... The list goes on and on and on, there are at least 200 different beers brewed in Belgium, all waiting to be sampled and ticked off my list as and when I visit Belgium.

Sheer heaven!!!

Paul

P.S To Jean Pierre and others who live in Belgium, they were the only beers that I could think of, off the top of my head.

But you certainly know your belgium beers. when you are here to visit let us know and we will show you around. i know a couple of nice bars... (my favorite beer is duvel)

Mike, If you get to the Portland area make sure you visit the old brewery section...Henry's has 100 on tap, most local brew...mouth watering place! And a call to Peter is also in order.....

David

Marsupilami said:
when you are here to visit let us know and we will show you around. i know a couple of nice bars...

Thanks for the offer of the guided tour (y)

I try to visit belgium at least once a year, I tend to go back to the same place each time.

I enjoy my yearly visit to Cafe Botteltje in Ostende, they have a vast selection of beers on sale and are open till 3 am on Saturdays!! There is also the added bonus that a hotel is attached to the Cafe, at least I don't have far to crawl.
4.gif

Paul

3 am thats actually kind of early to close. here in belgium there is no closing hour.
but i can understand the comfort of having a hotel next to the bar.

Greetz

Plucas,

According Carlsberg, In Belgium you probably find the best beers in the world.

If you are a beer drinker then follow this BEER

Just try to taste them all!!

Rudi

Hi Paul, Just a little update...I will be coming over on 17 Sept and will be there for 7 days...I will have this machine w/ me so I will send you a note here to set up a delivery time for our special US beer. Look forward to a nice cool one with you!!!
beerchug
David

David

You are flying over on a Friday, does that mean you will have the weekend free?

You will have to PM me with the details of where you are staying, so I can make arrangements to travel down to see you for a few beers.

Paul