Contrologix serial port

bobwithdana

HELP! I need to send ASCII strings out the Contrologix COM port to a printer. I know how to set up the com port in RSLogix500 ETc but not sure what ladder logic I need to send them out the serial port. Do I map the port etc? If anyone has any experence with this I would appreciate any info . Thanks.

Bob

There is a SERIAL_PORT_CONTROL data type that must be used in combination with the AWT instruction.

I have only used the MSG instruction, so I'm not sure about the details of using AWT.

You can use AWT (Ascii WriTe) for sending a fixed number of characters or AWA (Ascii Write with Append) to send a variable number of characters with termination characters appended.

The port number has to be given in the instruction involved (parameter 'Channel'). Check the help for AWA and AWT and you'll get plenty of info.

Kind regards,