Stubborn Rung

PLC Pie Guy

Good day all.
I have a quick question about a rung.
I went online with a processor that I have not been online with as of yet. I had the original program as left to me by the OEM. When I clicked go online it said "applying changes" and went online. I made a small edit and clicked to finalize all edits in program. It came back with several errors related to a rung in another routine. I went to look at it and as you can see in my posted picture all the instructions on that rung are UNK. The rung is also in edit. The rung matches the rung below this rung in regards to the instructions on it.
I am thinking the OEM left an edit in the processor not finalized or something. Anyway, I am wondering if somebody can tell me what caused this and how to delete this rung. Every time I try to delete it, it won't allow me to accept the changes, even deleting one instruction at a time and then deleting the rung itself. It always says error, unknown instruction.

issue.jpg

Try uploading from the controller first. There is sometimes a problem if multiple people were connected/editing the program online at the time when your copy was saved. A few other things such as editing in Excel and copy/paste can also cause this. It might save you from having to shut down for a full download.

This is covered in more detail in Rockwell Knowledgebase ID 44047 if you have TechConnect. We are not allowed to copy/paste the complete answer here.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited:
I would go with what John has said, and upload from the PLC.

I have had this happen a few times and although I didn't find the reason, an upload sorted it out.

I too couldn't have done a download.

Cheers

Mark

Hey all.
Just to report that the upload fixed this issue. I assumed (we all know what that means) that when I originally went online and it said "applying changes" that the controller and the .ACD file were at that point a match but I guess not. I am assuming now (here I go again) that the original errored rung with the unrecognizable instructions resided in the .ACD that the OEM provided me given the fact that uploading fixed it. Of course I can't go back and check as when I uploaded I saved to the original .ACD file. My bad. I should never do that I know, and I always, usually save the file as the current date with every new day that I open it.

Thanks to all once again.