What Version of Studio 5K do you use?

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
I have been using V21 of Studio 5K exclusively for the last couple years. I know they are up to V27 now. I am just wondering if it is time to start moving up to a different version? What are your thoughts?

We're just starting to use V21

I think the only major change since V21 is in V24 which they added the "logical organizer" in the tree and they revamped how program scoped tags work. After V24 my understanding is that they are just incrementally introducing new hardware support. So from what I gather, there isn't really anything compelling after V24 at this point, unless of course you are using the newer hardware that requires upgrading past V24.

v27 also includes the new View Designer for the PV5000's.

I avoid v21 like the plague because of the minor revision issue. I use v23 for preference at the moment, which is basically just v21 without that issue :)

v27 also includes the new View Designer for the PV5000's.

I avoid v21 like the plague because of the minor revision issue. I use v23 for preference at the moment, which is basically just v21 without that issue :)

What do you think about View Designer?

I haven't used it on a project yet, but what I saw of it at TechEd looked quite good. There will no doubt be plenty of headaches on the first release as with any new software, but it's got a lot of potential I think.