Keg position and speed of motor in mpm

dingomex3

Hi every one, Im trying to understand a logic of beer keg position through conveyor system. I´d like know why to find the linear velocity (meter per minute) of conveyor the programmer multiplies the variable "MOT_SPD" by "MOT_ACT_SPD" and then divide them by 60 Hz.

I think "MOT_SPD" should be the circumference of sprocket or gearbox ratio, but the programmer has named that variable as Speed.
I attach one picture of the code.

I hope someone can help me

regards

Keg_position.jpg

Most important thing about beer keg positioning is that the tap is directly over your mouth and in reach! LOL
Sorry about my little comment but that is my sense of humour!

The programmer is taking a shortcut. The programmer has already determined the conveyor speed in user units when the drive is running the motor at base speed (60 Hz). Drive speed feedback is in Hertz (in this case). So multiplying the conveyor speed at 60 Hz (MOT_SPD) by ( MOT_ACT_SPD / 60.0) results in the actual conveyor speed.

I would have built up the conversion from the individual contributing elements (gearing, motor speed at 60 Hz, etc) because it is easier to modify from machine to machine. But in the end it wouldn't be any more accurate. What the original programmer did is perfectly acceptable.

Keith