Yaskawa MP2300S iec

JKS

Hey everyone - I'm still having a problem with a robot after a power outage a couple of weeks ago: we did a controlled shut-down of everything as fast as we could, but we still ended up taking out a servo pack in each of our two identical pick-and-place robots. We removed the pack from one robot and put it in the other, getting that one back up and running, then ordered 2 new packs for the other robot. Installed and nothing. We have the ALM LED lit, and following the user manual, it tells me to look at the registers. However, I cannot seem to get online with it. I've tried a bunch of things (and always willing to try more), but I'm not getting anywhere. Here's what I got:

One MP2300Siec controller with a SGDV-R90A11A (head rotation) and two SGDV-3R8A11A's (x and z axes). The servo motors are all SGMJV series, and were all working fine prior to. On the x and z axes servo pack, I am getting an A810 alarm: Encoder Back-up Error.

I first started with the encoder alarm, as it seemed like the most likely place to start: brand new packs, robot had stopped mid-cycle, encoders have no idea where they're at. That's when I first ran into the communication problem. Was able to side-step that and connect directly to the servo packs using SigmaWin+, and followed a tutorial from the Yaskawa website for re-initiating the encoders, but the alarm returns after the requisite power cycle, and I cannot get it to shut off.

I'm not really sure where to go from here: I've downloaded more manuals and videos than I can count at this point, and the OEM has been no help. Anyone got any idea what I might be missing? I'm to the point now of ordering a new MP2300 and trying everything from scratch, but I hate to do that without a definitive reason.

Much thanks in advance, everyone.
- Jeff

There are so many thing going on here that it will be hard to get to all of them. You can't just replace a drive unless the original programmer wrote code to write the drive parameters from the controller to the drive if it detects a new drive at start up. I do this, as it doesn't take much effort, then the customer only needs to set the address on the drive(did you do that, under the plastic window?). Also, you are probably getting the A810 error because the drive defaults to absolute encoder, but you probably don't have a battery installed. Do you have the source code or backup drive parameters? Is the source code on the controller/

Yes, I set the address for the drive. And I was on the same track as you with the absolute encoder, but it would appear that we do not have absolute, just regular ol' incremental.

I didn't really figure that we should be able to drop the new packs in and off she'd go, but I was figuring that I could establish some communications with the controller first to be able to re-down the programming (yes, we do have back-up discs from the OEM).

I think I will try to upload the drive parameters from the second robot tomorrow (got a little side tracked this afternoon and forgot that was my originally planned course of action), now that I was able to get the SigmaWin+ software to work (the back-ups we have are in MotionWorks).

As for the OEM, I have no idea, as I was e-mailing back and forth Friday morning with their head engineer and he was trying to provide me with some ideas (he... didn't help), but then when I got my boss to approve an open PO to bring them in to give us a hand, nada. I'm holding out that he scooted on a half-day to make for an extra-long Columbus Weekend...

- Jeff

You don't need to use SigmaWin. You can use the hardware configurator in MotionWorks IEC to send the parameters to the drives. Be sure to select "Use offline configuration" when you go online with the controller.

I had seen that, but how can I get it to download if I cannot get the drives and MotionWorks to communicate?

I have tried pinging the port, and at first I thought it was working Ok, but still nothing. Then I realized it was pinging over the wi-fi, so when I shut that off, it doesn't see it. I'm not great with Ethernet: am I missing a set-up there, maybe? And where would I start looking for a problem?

- Jeff

You will have to know the IP address of the controller, which will be in the project. You can always force it to 192.168.1.1 with the DIP switch, but as you noticed, this is a common subnet. Be sure you have no other network connections that will interfere with it.