PLC output problems

arbj

Hi,

I am using the Kinco PLC (type: K506-24DT), one of the outputs is shorted permanently, so even when made low the output is high at +24 VDC.

My query is can the PLC be still used ?, I actually don't need the output, but I am worried the problem could be carried over to other outputs or inputs.

Is there any possibility of such a thing happening ??

I believe the outputs and inputs are usually independent in a PLC, so technically no other ports should get defective, but there could be other underlying problems.

In any case I will run the unit (with all I/Os connected to loads) continuously for some time and see what else goes...

Please suggest your ideas...

thanks
a

Do you have a back up? That would be my top priority if I were to continuously run it with out fixing it.

I would look into that underlying problem as that is most definitely a issue.

Regardless, I would have a back up no matter what, its just asking for more problems.

I've never heard of Kinco, but I second the above post - get your hands on a spare as a matter of urgency and load it up with the program ready to go. You should* still be fine to use the PLC and it shouldn't* affect anything so long as you don't need that output, but you'd want to have a spare on standby just in case.

*as I said, I've never even heard of Kinco, so take my "should"s with a grain of salt :)

Leakage thru solid state output?

Do you see the +24 volts with load connected? What is the load?