FactoryTalkView SE Pop Ups

Snowy

I have a FactoryTalk View Se Project where I display a pop up with several options when an operator clicks on an object.
One of the options displayed on the pop when clicked overlays a second pop up asking the operator if they are sure they want to proceed. If they click yes then I

Set the appropriate Tag
Abort the first pop up
Abort Me

This works sometimes. However more often than not the first pop up remains visible once the second one aborts. The first pop up can easily be made to disapear by simply clicking anywhere on the initial display which is behind the pop up.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Snowy

I'd start by checking the diagnostics list to see what's going on behind the scenes when you press that button. It may give you some clues

Thanks for the advice. I can see an error has been generated each time the button is clicked. The error says the
"display could not be closed". It shows the time, date etc. but no other info. So now I need to find out why the display could not be closed.

Kind Regards

Snowy

Well at least you know it's running the command. Maybe double check that your syntax and page titles are 100% correct, it could be something as basic as it's trying to close a page that doesn't exist (i.e. is named slightly differently)

Yes, make sure you are closing it with exactly the same name as it was opened with.
Another possibility is if you have VBA code on the intermediate background window in a paused state... Say you issued a display command from that window.

Because of the inability of FTView to handle what should be simple operations like this, in similar circumstances, I put everything on one display, hiding/showing options as needed.

"Display could not be closed" is the outcome; What you want to see is the command that you tried, which will have the display name as well.

Here's the long way to track down the problem:
Turn on all of the other diagnostic messages (FT Admin Console > Tools > Diagnostics > Setup). That will show you the commands that are triggered, and in which order.
Diagnostics.png

Also, use the Windows Event viewer from the control panel to view the diagnostic messages. You get more detail and can export those to Excel for easier sorting.

You get that warning if you attempt to close a screen that isn't open. It's no big deal except the message gets recorded in the diagnostic log.

I believe there's a command to abort all open overlays. Perhaps you could try this instead of the two separate abort commands for the two popups?

Thanks All for your suggestions. I can confirm that the display names are exactly as they should be.
I have not been able to find a command that closes all overlaid displays, only docked displays.
I have tried setting focus on each display before aborting them which does close them after quite a delay.
I am currently working with Rockwell on this and will post any progress made.

Thanks again

Snowy