Can I grab an FTView tag description directly?

ehhakeoiiijge

Imagine I have a tag called Apple with a description "Red fruit".

I want to show "Red Fruit" as a string on my screen.

Can I get that description directly using something like "Apple.Description"?

Do I need to use parameters?

I'm using FTView SE Version 7.0.

Thanks

What do you want to use the description for?
If it is just display, then yes, not too difficult...Go to "Objects | Advanced | Tag Label". Select the tag, pick the field you want to show.

For anything else, you are going to have to use VBA. FTView is the most incapable and limited HMI on the market, it really doesn't have a single nice feature.

rdrast is correct, but not sure why you would need to use this. If you want to display a specific text when a digital tag is on, just use visibility on the text.