Citect, Delete Files Older then X.

kire

Hi

I try to write a cicode function who shall delete all files files in a foler who is older then example 4 days.

Filenames format is like these:
10102015.701.csv
11102015.702.csv
12102015.701.csv
13102015.701.csv

I have found function Filedelete(),
but have not figure out how to use it in these matter...

Anyone give me a example?

Your feedback / input is feedback much appreciated.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hi

I try to write a cicode function who shall delete all files files in a foler who is older then example 4 days.

Filenames format is like these:
10102015.701.csv
11102015.702.csv
12102015.701.csv
13102015.701.csv

I have found function Filedelete(),
but have not figure out how to use it in these matter...

Anyone give me a example?

Your feedback / input is feedback much appreciated.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Well the filedelete function is pretty straight forward and is all detailed in the help file, FileDelete("C:\Data\Report.Txt");

The trickier bit is deciding what's older than 4 days but if the filename contains the date it should be simple enough, you just need to read the filename, decide what's older than 4 days and call the filedelete function.

Well the filedelete function is pretty straight forward and is all detailed in the help file, FileDelete("C:\Data\Report.Txt");

The trickier bit is deciding what's older than 4 days but if the filename contains the date it should be simple enough, you just need to read the filename, decide what's older than 4 days and call the filedelete function.

Agree with you, but its is the tricki part, I need help for :)
Can I load current date and then take subtract 3 and delete rest?
Can you give me a example how can do something like that?
And what about a month have different numbers of days?

Agree with you, but its is the tricki part, I need help for :)
Can I load current date and then take subtract 3 and delete rest?
Can you give me a example how can do something like that?
And what about a month have different numbers of days?

Never done it myself but I would use FileSplitPath to give the the filename, then extract the date part, use Date function to get the current date then go from there.

I solve it my looking at age on the file itself and not the file name.

Thank you for respons.