RSLogix 5000 - Can't delete programs

Adam Bullen

I have moved some programs from the tasks to the unscheduled programs / phases. All the code is deleted from the programs; all the tags have been removed. The delete option is active but when I try to delete the program I get the message:

"Failed to delete the program, "delete", Program / phase contains one or more tags"

This is very annoying; I have deleted a bunch of other programs but three are being stubborn. Nothing is showing up in the cross reference for the program.

Is there any way to check what is still referencing a program so I can get rid of it to be able to delete the programs.

For back ground I am splitting a program across two PLC's since the CPU is overloaded and there is a project to add a bunch more stuff to that plant area. So I started with the same code on both and split the code across the logical place in the plant. I am left with the ghosts of some old programs.

Last edited:
That works, which is great. But it requires a download since the files are not the same after exporting to a L5X. If I had more time I could verify the code was correct.