How to display a number value on a Panelview Plus 600 2711P-K6M20A8

ksa858

I am using a Panelview Plus 600 with a CompactLogix L30ER.
My question is this: On the display I created a box to preset the number of parts needed. This is actually a counter called C5[8]fin_count_preset. When I want to enter a value a keypad pops up and the value is entered throught it. The number value should be displayed in the box but it is not. When I enter the value it works correctly with the PLC so I know that part is working. I just can't see the number I entered on the display in the Panelview. Do I need to create a MOV statement in the PLC to write that back to the display? If so can someone show me an example?

If you are using a Numeric Input Enable object then you must assign it a Label or Caption to display something. It does not automatically display the tag value you are writing to in the controller.

Under the object's properties go to the "Label" tab and then select "Insert Variable" > "Numeric". With "Tag" selected at the top, use the ellipse (...) button to navigate to your PLC offline tags (if you have an offline ACD file already assigned) and select the same tag you are writing to, if that is what you want to display.

Notice also the "Number of digits", "Decimal places" and "Fill left with" options. These dictate how the label value will display and will add some syntax before and after the variable entry once you OK it.

The full syntax of my example below is...

/*N:7 {::[PLC01]Program:LineInputs.SBW_AB_TON_PSet} NOFILL DP:0*/

N:7 = 7 Digits (1-17)
{::[PLC01]Program:LineInputs.SBW_AB_TON_PSet} = Caption Tag
NOFILL = Fill left with None (Zeroes, Spaces, None)
DP:0 = 0 Decimal places (0-15)

Regards,
George

FTV_Numeric_Input_Enable_Label.png

Last edited: