s7-1500 data type conversion

edward.ortiz

I am working with a S7-1500 as the client and reading values from a S7-1200 server. The data coming across modbus tcp communication involves word data type. The word consist of 2 bytes(16 bits). The value of the bits will let me know if different type of alarms are active. I am having issues trying to extract the bits from the word. Can some please help me convert the word data type into 16 bits. If you need anymore information please let me know

If you want to access a bit within a tag use the syntax:
tagname.xn where n is the bit number in the tag.

If you are using a DB, the syntax is DBName.tagname.xn

If you want to access a bit within a tag use the syntax:
tagname.xn where n is the bit number in the tag.

If you are using a DB, the syntax is DBName.tagname.xn

Is this something new from the 1500 series? because i havent seen it in the good old 300/400.

Is this something new from the 1500 series? because i havent seen it in the good old 300/400.

Yeah, it is only supported in the 1200/1500, and it is really handy. It simplifies having to worry about byte swapping. TagName.X0 is the least significant bit and it counts up from there, without having to worry about where the bits are stored, or what order they go in, or if the system is big endian or little endian. You can also grab bytes, words, etc, out of a bigger tag.