Simatic Step7 Safety Advanced V13sp1

Hi All,

Having a problem upgrading all my software. Most of V13 has gone on OK but when it came to the safety I didn't realise I hadn't installed V13 before I tried to install V13 sp1. No problem, I thought, I will just uninstall V13sp1 and then install 13 and then do the update (licenses were complaining and I acted a little fast). So I went ahead and did that. I now realise that I could manually transfer and upgrade my license on the PC and it would have worked fine. But now neither V13 or V13sp1 will install. When I get to the install screen when it asks to choose an install location and tells me how big the install will be it always says 0b. Then when the install starts it says "Some products will not be repaired because they are already installed in a higher version". V13 safety isn't installed at all, I checked in Portal under installed software.

Any ideas. I am leaving the installer hanging for a bit to see if it bursts into life, but other than that I have no idea what to do.

B

I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding some of the specifics of your question.

1: What licenses do you have?

2: What software do you currently have installed?

3: What software do you want installed?

I now have a full set of licenses. In terms of the safety aspect I have Step 7 Safety Advanced Combo, v13.0.

I have, within TIA, installed TIA Portal V13sp1, SINAMICS Startdrive V13sp1, Step 7 Professional V13sp1, WinCC advanced V13sp1.

I want the Step 7 Safety Advanced V13sp1 installed. I had it installed, uninstalled it, now it wont install at all.

B

And at the bottom here you can see what I mean about the 0b installation value. It is like it thinks it is already installed, but it really isn't.

B

Untitled.jpg

In Portal, is there anything that sounds safety related under any of the tabs of "Help -> Installed Software"? You might need to click the link at the bottom for "Detailed Information".

If there is nothing safety related, then my guess is that you are trying to install Safety V13, when Portal V13 SP1 is installed. You might need to find a Safety V13 SP1 disk, instead of starting with V13 and updating to SP1 from there.

That is the thing. I have both a V13 disk and a V13sp1 disk. They both do the same. I have an upgrade disk for v5.4 to v13 combo, but that is also the same! It is like me uninstalling it has completely screwed it.

Under installed software for TIA portal I have the S7 distributed safety programming and the F-config pack. But these aren't for TIA I thought, these are for step 7 classic? I cant see anything that says v13 safety anywhere. Nor do I get an option to uninstall it if I run the control panel or disk uninstall options.

And at the bottom here you can see what I mean about the 0b installation value. It is like it thinks it is already installed, but it really isn't.

B

Thanks for the info. If you are trying to install Safety V13 SP1 and it won't let you, it might help to uninstall any updates you have installed in Portal already. If you don't have any installed, then I'm a little stumped. You might need to call Siemens Tech support to see why it doesn't install.

They may just tell you to uninstall everything and start from scratch, which would suck. But if we don't know what's actually wrong... :confused: then I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Yea I guess. That does suck. It takes a long long time to install portal. I do have a bunch of v13 stuff I have been installing today. I have the portal, sinamics and Wincc already done. I was on the final hurdle of the safety and it is screwed. I will leave it till tomorrow. It might sort itself out overnight.

I will post it on the Siemens support forums too, someone might be able to tell me a xml file I need to edit on there to tell my system it isn't v13 anymore for safety. That is what I reckon is halting the install. But I would be lying if I said I had any real idea.