Factory Talk View SE Recipe

ppb1487

Hi
Software: Factory Talk View Site Edition Local SCADA
I am using the recipe function in it, although it is quite simplistic to use, I have the machine operators use it also. Because of that I am facing a problem. They press the 'Save button' when they're supposed to press the Restore and then Download (Page Down). As idiotic it may sound they've been given the training several times but it just doesn't seem to get in their head. They don't understand that they're saving the recipe over and over again and not downloading in the PLC.

Is there any way that I can disable the Save option. That way I can make sure they have only one button to press.

Regards
Parth

Just delete it.
If you can edit the application, you surely can see that it isn't necessary to have a RecipeSave() command anywhere. Or make it only visible with a password.

The recipe commands are only buttons with Recipe Management commands attached.

Just delete it.
If you can edit the application, you surely can see that it isn't necessary to have a RecipeSave() command anywhere. Or make it only visible with a password.

The recipe commands are only buttons with Recipe Management commands attached.

I kinda figured that the recipe dialog box that pops up is VB in the background. But I have as of now used the inbuilt recipe box that comes up when you put it in from the command tools. In runtime this box when clicked pops up with these options. How do I disable them?

Just don't use the pre-configured recipe manager. Develop your own.
None of the pre-configured components are worth a damn.

Haha i second that however I dont have any idea of how to go about it. I will look it up first thing tomorrow morning but can you give me something to go by so I have a direction to start?