Proficy Machine Edition Fault Table?

russg

Hi,

i'm looking for a list of faults / fault codes that appear on the fault table. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

If you get a 4 digit Fault Code Search for it in PME Online Help, many times it will be there.
There is not a complete list, they are scattered throughout the different documentation of the individual modules and processors that can be placed in a Rack.
I have found that the best approach is to get the "PACsAnalyzer" Log and send it to GE-IP Tech Support if you cannot decipher it.
PACsAnalyzer is available in the Fault Table View of the latest versions of PME or from the Utilities Tab of the Navigator Window. Tech support is here: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&locale=en_US

Last edited:
Thanks for that Russ.

It's quite bad they do not have a dedicated document for this.

I used to think that too, but it is very rare that given the Fault Data available and having the manual for the module in the slot triggering the Fault along with just a little logical thinking that one does not have enough information to correct the problem. For instance the very first string of numbers that looks like 0.2.1 means Rack-0, Slot-2, Point-1
Also one can click on the fault to bring up additional data of which there is somewhere a manual that describes some of the Hex codes in it. Contact Tech Support or search the Support Web site for this.

Of course one does need to do their homework by collecting then reading the knowledge and information that is available. I realize needing to do that sort of thing on their own can be disturbing for some. ;-)

Last edited: