Mitsubishi HMI

rutagersdad

R
Does anyone have suggestions for an HMI for Mitsubishi processors? Hardware and software.

Beside "native" A and F series of HMIs there is E series from Beijir (Mitsubishi's sister company from Europe) and many other that can talk to Mitsubishi PLC. F and E series are reasonably priced (read inexpencive) while A is their top of the line product.
Current software for A and F HMIs is called GT Developer and for E you need different package.
Visit www.meau.com to find out more...

The A and F HMI From Mitsubishi is better know as the FGOT and the AGOT, where the AGOT is teh larger one.
The software package is known under two names, GT-Designer 2, or GT Works. This software is a well improvement next to the earlier software.

The E-terminals from Beijers Electronics from Sweden is a vendor of Mitsubishi Europe. The software here is called E-Desigener. The programming of teh E-terminals is easier than the GOT.

In price the E-terminal is less expensive than the GOT.

I've just programmed today two A856WGOT and two A985GOT, with communication by MelsecnetH
The biggest problem I had was the limited memory in the GOT of 1Mb.
Extra memory is quickly needed. The total project was about 5 MB at the end, to download this in the GOT it took about 40 minutes!!!!

Maby this will be an improvement in the next soft and hardware.

With an E-Terminal the download times are much faster. On the other side the E-terminal has some problems with the refresh rates off the screen, when there is a large amount off data on it. The GOT has no problems with this.

The E-Series terminals from Mitsubishi are a good choice. I've also used them with other brands of PLC's without problems. These HMI's are built for Mits by Biejers in Sweden. In the US and Canada they also sell under the brand name Cimrex. It's a good product. The software is very easy to use sort of like a flow chart to link screens together.

It would seem to me that wherever you go, if you find a mitsi plc with a HMI attached, it will invariably be a Beijer's HMI.

Probably because the mitsi dealer supplies both!

The Beijer HMI's are solid robust units and easy to program but.......

Cheap.....no
easy to fit in panel.........no
easy recipe handling.........no
instantly operator freindly..no

and a problem just recently found by me........the E900 colour touch screen. If the operator is too heavy handed - the glass front can smash rendering the unit useless.

Mitsubishi

rutagersdad said:
Does anyone have suggestions for an HMI for Mitsubishi processors? Hardware and software.
i have the software of Mitsubishi HMI software For A & F and thay are GT designer 1 & 2 i have both of them

Mitsubishi

rutagersdad said:
i have the software of Mitsubishi HMI software For A & F and thay are GT designer 1 & 2 i have both of them my e-mail address is [email protected]

The E-Series (Mac-panel)from Beijers is a good choice. You also have the choice of getting drives directly to the HMI and from ther e you kan get all the data from ex. motorcurrent, Hz, Alarm directly at the panal and also to the PLC.But you have to use the drives from Mitsu.

Also programming the panel with the Edesigner is easy to learn.

There is a software package called Sellwood that is found here www.dwhylton.com for $299 that will allow you to build a very nice interface in minutes. The Sellwood software allows you to connect to the FX series PLC with the red sc-o9 programming cable. This is very nice software that turns a PC connected to a Mitsubishi FX PLC into a full blown SCADA scada system.

Aromat(a.k.a. NAIS, Matsushita, Panasonic)GT series touchscreens are one of the best value choise.
They support many PLC brands, including Mitsubishi FX series.

I have installed somewhere in the region of 50-60 E series terminals from the E100 to E900 (big beast) & they are great, very reliable, easy to setup, native comms with mitsi + loads of other drivers, the software was about £90, so cost effective, also can use on dual drivers so can transfer from one type of plc to another.