OT Pigeons On Top Of Tanks

We have that were I work, it only works for a week or so till they get used to the sound. On top of lights outside on poles they have some
thin rods about 18" long with a small weight on the end of them so if any thing lands on the they will flex even more. I have never seen any thing land on them,.

We tried the sound devices, dog cut outs, but what worked best is a remote control car or helicopter that chased them.

The best option I found so far is here: http://www.inspectorbots.com/Mega_Hurtz.html

I would definitely go for the paint ball option.

Never used the ultrasonic, we have large bat colonies that fly over every night.

Big statue of an owl works

Tack sheets, depending how big the tanks are.

Recorded screech of a predatory hawk, repeated every three to five minutes is very effective, keeps the grackles away, might work on pigeons.

If all else fails, get an air horn, and use it for about an hour every night ( or when necessary ) to disrupt their roosting patterns.

That's all I've got

Good luck

Thanks! A lot of these sound fun and entertaining but unfortunately I don't think the customer [Owners] would got for it, the works probably would.
There is so much pigeon waste and a few carcass that I think it's a health risk.

Google "Bird Spikes"

I'd have to agree with that. I tried the noise makers and the owl thing on the deck and I was less than impressed. The electronic chirper lasted only about a year. I worked out a configuration of string to keep them off the railings. I've seen the spikes at several businesses (WalMart and Lowe's) and other attractive structures. You don't see birds even looking at places protected by spikes. I guess they long since learned to alight elsewhere.

Oh good lord, pigeons are rats with wings BTW

Might be kind cumbersome, but try a wide angel motion detector with N.O., 0-1 minute timer. Open a valve to a large sprinkler head . If they stay long enough, blow them off the other side. Has to be aggressive, if its just a sprinkle, stupid bird will think its raining.

I'm Spitballin here.

Try the easy solution, find a local bird of prey (preferably endangered for the PR) and get them to nest near the fuel tanks. As long as something that will eat a pigeon lives near the tanks, pigeons won't want to go to sleep there.

Job done :) Also that was a lot easier to type than it is to actually do.

I agree with Bird Spikes. I have seen lots of historic buildings and statues protected by them, and they seem to work.