HMI Help

edward.ortiz

Hello, I am working with a KP1200 basic HMI and i am programming it using TIA Portal. I need help creating the logic using one button. The button I am using is called the E-STOP button. Whenever the button is pressed, i will invert a normally closed contact in the plc that will shut power to a system. I need help creating the logic that whenever the system is in E-STOP mode and the button is pressed again, a pop up window will show up displaying a another button that say "Confirm release of shut-down." I understand the various features such as events in the properties tab of the button. In other words, I am trying to figure out how I can detect when the button is pressed a second time after the button is first pressed to engage E-Stop. I need to figure this out so that when the button is pressed a second time it will allow the pop up screen to be visible.

I did a similar thing to just change the color of a graphic rather than activating a pop-up screen.

If the input is on, when you press the graphic it turns off (graphic goes red)
If the input is off, when you press the graphic it turns on (graphic goes green)

I did this using a VB script. The VB script then tied to the "Events" tab of the on screen button. So when you press the button the script runs.

The graphic then had an "Animation > Visibility" condition to say red = false (0) and green = true (1)

Sub LC_1()

If HMI_Display_Tags_Loadcell_1 = "True" Then
SmartTags("HMI_Display_Tags_Loadcell_1") = False
Else
SmartTags("HMI_Display_Tags_Loadcell_1") = True
End If

End Sub

I have attached a picture of some logic that i have been messing with. The first contact is closed when I press the E-Stop button on the HMI. In addition, the e-stop button inverts the E-Stop trigger contact. My idea is that at initial start, e-stop contact and trigger contact are open. When I want to enter E-Stop mode, the e-stop button on the HMI is pressed, Setting the E-Stop bit and inverting the trigger bit. When the E-stop button in the HMI is pressed a second time(to disable the E-stop mode) the trigger bit will go from 1 to 0. I am having issues trying to detect when that trigger bit goes from 1 to 0. I my idea is that if i can detect that, i will activate the show off mode bit, which is tied to the visibility of the "confirm release of E-stop" button.

Capture.PNG

Could you not just Set another bit when the e-stop button is pressed.

If e-stop is on AND other bit is set then show popup and 0.5s later just reset both bits (or whatever) ?

If e-stop is pressed AND other bit is NOT set then put system into e-stop mode and set other bit.

You hopefully get the idea... :)

Perhaps I am being fussy, but you should not be using the term E-Stop for what you are doing. System shutdown yes, but Estop no.

The term EStop implies hardwired circuit or a safety PLC.

Good point Mike. It's not an *e*-stop ... just a 'stop'.

People could mistakenly think that by pressing it they are triggering the safety circuit (dumping the air etc) and making the machine safe.