Siemens software problem

Elijah58

Guys,
Is there such a thing as a free version of step 7 that I can use to write a very small program? I have a piece of equipment that I need to program but it is not something that is worth paying the thousands for software. I will have an HMI to program and all it is going to do is control a vacuum blower that is variable speed depending on the water column. It will be an s7 1200 PLC, KTP600 Basic color HMI,and a 0-10 volt vacuum sensor. All it will need to do is control a vacuum blower to stay at a preset level. Any help would be greatly appreciated. had it been AB it would have been no problem whatsoever.
Eli

Since you need only TIA step7 basic version, just to say that you wouldn't pay thousends. It should be around 500 euro or in that ballpark..

I know Siemens also "rents out" licenses for several weeks, if you need more time than trial will give you.

A Starter Kit will give you everything needed for a good price. Much less than the thousands you think. Different versions depending on which HMI you want. Link.