Slc5/05 faulted

Benyamin

I have a SLC5/05 the FLT light is blinking, I could not establish connection either via channel 0 and channel 1.
Does anybody out there know how to solve this problem ?
Thank you in advance.

Benyamin

Its possible that it has lost its program.

How are you trying to connect? Cables, driver in RsLinx?

Last edited:
Robo77 and Mickey,
I have tried connect with Ethernet/channel1 and serial/channel0 and also cycle power, but I can't connect to it. When I connect via Ethernet, there was a message said: plc fault, lost program. That's it.
Actually I have backup program but I could not connect to the PLC, that's the problem. Please send me further direction on how to solve this problem
Thank you both in advance.

Benyamin

Oooh, be thankful you've got a backup program . You say you can connect via Ethernet and you're able to see the processor status..? You should be able to download that program.

If it went back to DEFAULT, it lost the IP address it was assigned (if it was permanently assigned one) and the DF1 port went to the default speed, if it was changed.

I don't think you can download to a FAULTED processor....

Try toggling the keyswitch back and forth from RUN to PROG to RUN to PROG. Stop in the PROG position. This clears the FAULTED state (I think).

If you can then get online, the processor name will be DEFAULT if it has lost the user program, and then you will be able to download.

If toggling the switch doesn't work, then you can manually clear the processor memory by removing it from the chassis (turn power OFF before doing this or you could damage the processor), disconnect the battery, and then short-out the two copper lands labelled Vbb and GND for a few seconds, as described on page 24 of the manual

Be aware that clearing the memory with this method will reset the module to "Factory Default", clearing any communications configurations, so getting in via the serial port should be easy, use Auto-Detect in RSLinx to configure the DF1 driver....

edit : Remember to re-connect the battery before putting the processor back in the chassis (with the Power OFF)...

Last edited:
Thank you All, especially Daba, I have solve this problem with Daba's idea.
Have a good weekend !

Best regards,

Benyamin