factory talk pop-out window

V0N_hydro

is it possible to have pop-out windows in factory talk? So far I have only succeeded in "pop over" windows, but they always display on top of the parent window and can't leave the parent's bounds.

I want to pop-out a second window to display on a second monitor, or just to have two windows with trends on them I can move around while still showing the whole main HMI window.

Please somebody tell me it isn't possible so I can stop trying to figure out how to do it.

You didn't mention what software specifically.

If you are using FactoryTalk View Studio for a Site Edition (SE) application then yes, you can create an "Overlay" type display.

If you are using FactoryTalk View Studio for a Machine Edition (ME) application then no, you can only create On Top or Replace displays.

OG

i am using SE.

the overlay type display is still constrained to the bounds of the parent window. I want a window that I can drag anywhere on the screen - or over to a second monitor.

my HMI is 1280x1024 resolution because it displays on 17" panelviews as well as on computer screens, on the computer terminals it would be nice to be able to pop out a second alarm window, or trend window, and still change pages on the normal HMI.

I am pretty sure that pop out windows as I have described above are impossible with factory talk view SE.

i am using SE.

the overlay type display is still constrained to the bounds of the parent window. I want a window that I can drag anywhere on the screen - or over to a second monitor.

my HMI is 1280x1024 resolution because it displays on 17" panelviews as well as on computer screens, on the computer terminals it would be nice to be able to pop out a second alarm window, or trend window, and still change pages on the normal HMI.

I am pretty sure that pop out windows as I have described above are impossible with factory talk view SE.

You are right, it is not possible to drag a pop-up outside of client window. If you want to have it on different screen than you need to open another client run time. I'm not sure if for second client run time on the same computer you need additional client license.