Horizantal packing machine

Hello everyone
I'm new in PLC programming , i want to program a horizontal packing machine ,i've chosen S7 300 for this project and Wincc flexible for HMI programming, i do need your experiences and useful information .
There are two motors on this packing machine as shown on the picture (attachment file )''one is the main motor and an other one is the roll motor (number 2)''
here is the list of PLC inputs :
1)shaft encoder for main motor
2)Eye mark sensor
3)stop
4)start
5)Emergency
6)Roll jog
7)Main jog
8)Roll Enable
10)cover sensor
11)Roll Sensor
i was wondering if you could help me regarding bag length calculation , offset settings for both of the motors , shaft encoder (A,B,Z outputs) using in the program , controlling of packing speed and finally temperature controlling for head sealer and disk sealer .
best regards

packing3.jpg

In my opinion that doesn't seem to be a beginner project.

If you are just starting out I would suggest a much simpler machine, and the first one you do without a HMI, & have this one professionally programmed.

sorry i am not S7 only codesys,
some remarks, there must be a motor to control the speed of the folie as you must sync that one with the cups. this together with the eye.
same for motorm1.
you need to have a lot of motion awarness, so MC library will be needed.
main problem is the motion , so start with temperature control, (not easy as it will need an idle heating, and with every closure a boost to heat the unit up again.

in the simulation of motrona you see no foil advance rollers, in the film you can see them (watch the beginning as there is no sync yet.

widelto
thank you so much for introducing such great package ,this package is great but not perfect solution in packing machine since we need to control temperature of heating elements and also have a HMI in packing machine .this package would be perfect replacement for PLCs in packing machines if it had HMI and temperature controlling in features .
JRW
i have no any hardware yet but i'm Siemens fan :)