Micrologix 1100 fault code

Hannic

Hello.

I have recently got a micrologix 1100 from allen bradley for my home projekts. I have tried to download a program to it but when i had downloaded the program it came with a fault code.

Fault code: 0489h Major error.

What does the error mean??

After the code came, the plc lost its ip address.

Hope someone can help me :)

See pdf. Take note of notes 1&2. Especially module 4.

Check to make sure the I/O modules are plugged in properly.
You might try removing the modules and try downloading a simple program without expansion modules to make sure the processor is ok.

Hmm, only two posts. Will they come back?

While we wait...

If a user gets this error code on a MicroLogix, then you are advised to go to Function Files, IOS tab and look for the offending module and take note of its extended error code. This can then be looked up in the literature for the module or on the Knowledgebase...

46699 - Error code xx89h on a MicroLogix controller
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

The solution was that i had made a wrong module setup. Gave the PLC a new IP so i could find it, and then made a new program with the changed I/O modules. And downloaded it to the plc and the fault was gone. :)

While I'm tipping...

These kind of configuration errors are a good reason to use "Read IO Config" under the I/O Configuration when you have a valid path to the controller. It will automatically populate the correct I/O Modules for you...

522820 - Read I/O Configuration button in RSLogix 500
Access Level: TechConnect

Note: This is done while offline.

Regards,
George