Dossimass E&H

Dear all

we have 6 flow meters " Dossimass E&H" with 10 Khz pulse output form.

We are using S7-300

If I use 6 FM module it will be out of budget.

Could any one recommend me any DI module can handle this frequency or any other suggestion????

Sometimes when the budget is stained we will use independent counters. Most of the off the shelf counters have a 10 KHz input. We then trigger the pulse output after so many counts to go into the standard PLC input.

Example of Counter:
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Relays_-z-_Timers/Timer_Relays_-z-_Counters_-z-_Tachometers/Multi-Function_Digital_Counter_-z-_Timer_-z-_Tachometer

Hope this helps,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

Thanks for reply, but I need analogue value to complete the process

I have never worked with the Dosimass meters but I have worked with the Promass 83F meters a lot. You may be able to program the transmitter for a much lower resolution than 10k but your accuracy will suffer.

The Dosimass is designed for small batching applications like bottle filling. It is a very accurate meter. If you don't use a high speed counter you will hurt the accuracy of the total system so bad that you would be better off with a much lower cost and lower accuracy meter.

Since you have 6 meters, why not use a Modbus RS485 network and one CP 340
for the S7-300.
You save High speed DI's and 6 Analog Inputs €€€ plus wiring etc.
The meters have the Modbus RS485 option.

Google
frequency to analog converter

It is a standard signal conditioning module, lots of different manufacturers.

There is some loss of resolution in a conversion freq-to-analog and then analog to digital value, but 4-20mA gives you a conventional signal to work with.

After search I found high speed DI module 6ES7321-1BH10-0AA0 this module input signal transition could be 25 to 75 microseconds where the flowmeters are 0.1 second.

Is this module will be useful enough????????

Google
frequency to analog converter

It is a standard signal conditioning module, lots of different manufacturers.

There is some loss of resolution in a conversion freq-to-analog and then analog to digital value, but 4-20mA gives you a conventional signal to work with.

I will count the number of pulses Where these meters type is not mine.the customer not need to change it.

I have never worked with the Dosimass meters but I have worked with the Promass 83F meters a lot. You may be able to program the transmitter for a much lower resolution than 10k but your accuracy will suffer.

The Dosimass is designed for small batching applications like bottle filling. It is a very accurate meter. If you don't use a high speed counter you will hurt the accuracy of the total system so bad that you would be better off with a much lower cost and lower accuracy meter.

Thanks for your reply..Yes u r right it is expensive chemical filking application.

Did you use high sped DI Module 6ES7321-1BH10-0AA0 could be useful for this case????

Back
Top Bottom