S7 300 and adsulate encoder 32 bit profibus-dp

I think you will need to give a bit more information:

What version of S7? (classic or TIA Portal)
What are you trying to do with the encoder? (read a value?)
What type of encoder is it?
What does it say in the manual?
What have you tried so far?

32 bit encoders often have their values in two 16 bit registers (high and low) so the encoder position is (High * 65536) + Low. Tip: do all the arithmatic in DINT not real to avoid losing precision.

Nick

I think you will need to give a bit more information:

What version of S7? (classic or TIA Portal)
What are you trying to do with the encoder? (read a value?)
What type of encoder is it?
What does it say in the manual?
What have you tried so far?

32 bit encoders often have their values in two 16 bit registers (high and low) so the encoder position is (High * 65536) + Low. Tip: do all the arithmatic in DINT not real to avoid losing precision.

Nick

You have more patience than me, these guys don't deserve help with the way they post questions.

I don't want to sound judgemental but most of the I need to do this, I need to do that, give me this or give me that are from a certain region, not sure if this is lack of knowledge, laziness, language issues or something else.......

Simatic Manager V5.5

Good

i want to reat it value

What is your problem with that?

absolute encoder

You will need to know the exact type of encoder to find a manual and read what it says.

Nick

@tragically1969

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt; I know that if I had to ask questions in another language then I might struggle. If people just want someone to do their work or are too stupid to understand that they are out of their depth then that is beyond what I do here.

This debate !!!!

Hello Sparkies,

I would like to positively participate in this debate,
I'm from a region where some thought of it's people as a "Low Intelligent creatures" , I used to work for giant "Procter & Gamble" for a 25+ years where I used to merely work in all regions, including regions of "High Intelligent people".

All thorough my carrier with them, we have been taught that "There is no silly question".

Really sad to see these harsh feed backs & comments.

Hagos

I have worked all over the world; there are intelligent people everywhere and stupidity is not geographically limited either. I have friends on 5 continents and some of the cleverest people I know are Chinese.

As I said... I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and was genuinely attempting to guide the OP to a solution or I wouldn't have bothered to post anything.

Nick

Hello Sparkies,

I would like to positively participate in this debate,
I'm from a region where some thought of it's people as a "Low Intelligent creatures" , I used to work for giant "Procter & Gamble" for a 25+ years where I used to merely work in all regions, including regions of "High Intelligent people".

All thorough my carrier with them, we have been taught that "There is no silly question".

Really sad to see these harsh feed backs & comments.

Hagos

Correct, there is no silly question, there is however a right and a wrong way to ask a question, this was the wrong way.....