RTC in Micrologix 1500 LSP series C

alive15

Hello, I want to use the RTC function files in my program to turn on a certain output at a certain time, but I am having trouble setting the correct time and date. I followed the instructions in the file attached, but with no luck.

First, I went online with my program and went to function files, then the RTC tab and clicked "Set Date and Time" to set the current date/time on the laptop onto the various RTC addresses, but everything (year, month, day, hour, min, etc.) remains 0. I noticed when I rapidly click "Set Date / Time", I can see the number "2015" pop up under RTC.0.yr, but that stays for half a second or so and changes back to 0. I don't have any commands in my program moving "0" into these function files.

Also, I went offline and manually entered the date/time into the respective locations on the RTC tab, then saved and downloaded the program, but once I came online, everything reset back to 0.

Any help or links to AB manuals with different instructions on setting the date and time would be great. Thanks.

No I never installed it. Is this something we buy and install onto the physical processor or is there a software we download into the PLC that enables the RTC module?

You're welcome. It should work a lot better.

I felt a bit foolish asking about the module because it is a bit like asking someone who says their car won't start if they actually have an engine.