DL205 - D2-DCM module

edward.ortiz

I am working with a DL205 PLC with a 260 CPU. I have a project that I am working on that I am reading information from GC and SOLA through modbus TCP. I was able to use the ibox instructions to read the values from these two instruments. My last step is to write all the accumulated information to a DCS. I will be writing these values using a D2-DCM module. I am a bit confused on how to accomplish this. Let me know if you need more information in order to help me with this issue. Thank you

Your explanation of using iBoxes to read information through other devices through Modbus TCP seems to imply that you plan to use the DCM to master to the DCS.
It's possible but I doubt you will be able to do that.
The DCM can only master on DirectNet. I doubt that the DCS has a DirectNet slave driver.
The DCM, however, can be a Modbus Slave. So the DCS system could read values from the DCM as long as it supports Modbus RTU.

I'm making lots of guesses and assumptions here because you gave very little info about the DCS. If you provide more information on that, you might get more accurate answers.