PF700 Datalinks bit versus word

I am using an AB PF700 VFD and a Contrologix processor. When using datalinks to change a parameter, if it is a configuration type parameter with multiple options (the one I am concerned with is P238-Fault Configuration)and I am only trying to change one bit do all the other bits need to be on or off as appropriate in the PLC? I want to be able to disable the shear pin fault at certain times, and leave all the other bits the same. I am guessing that whatever the status in the PLC is would overwrite the drive parameter, and also making that parameter unchangeable from the drive.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am working on an old bagger that is giving a EUP fault which is undervoltage and intermittent. Electrical power cycles and gets the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, have any of ever seen a PF700 reset its parameters to factory default on its own while running? I don't think it is possible, but I had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am having trouble with a PowerFlex 700 drive in RSLogix 5000 version 20.11 in an L64. I have an ACD file for a heavily used PLC that is...
Replies
Views
I have a really weird problem with an AB PF700 drive that only faults out with one specific product. Why it is weird is because it is a Port5 DPI...
Replies
Views
I'm having problems replacing a PF700 vector control drive on a controlnet network. I knew it was going to be an uphill battle when the old HIM...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom