Micrologix 1200 Communication

Dave Steer

Hi Everyone

I have a customer with a AB Micrologix 1200 controlling a Building Managment System (BMS). The problem is the customers other BMS equipment is speciality BMS controlers (Trend) and he wants the AB to be able to communicate on the Trend network. The only port the Micrologix has is the RS-232 port, which is being used for a Panelview 300. I believe that this port can be used for Modbus which the Trend can use as well. So the question is, is there any way I can split the one port into 2? 1 for the Panelview (RS-232) and the other for the network (Modbus)?
Sorry this is all a bit vague, but thats all the information I was given.

Thanks all
Dave

How unreasonably lucky you are !
AB has just released a new ML1200R series with two ports. Check it HERE .
Otherwise it would not have been easy to get the functionality you needed.

KEn Roach recently identified a port splitter that might work - TomanTron.

If the PanelView is using DF1 protocol you can use one of the excellent devices from ProSoft. We've used the Prosoft 4102 which has multiple ports that can be individually configured to DF1 or Modbus and Master and slave.