Small comms PLC

crewboss

Hello all!

Trying to find a small comms PLC to monitor a Centronics parallel port, and relay the data via RS232.

It needs to fit inside an old-style cash register, so a single-board bare pcb about 3" x 3" would be ideal.

The idea is to get a remote (back office) record of the chits.

All suggestions welcome!

Why not find a parallel port to ethernet converter and try that? Not sure if they still sell them new but they were common 10 years ago.

I don't think a PLC is the right tool here.

I'm sure that updating the "old-style" cash register to something that was manufactured in this century would be the way to go...

Closing thread

Many thanks for your help, one and all!

The client wants to keep the RS232 system, as it lacks transparency to certain elements of 'officialdom'

I was looking for a PLC solution because that is where my progamming skills lie.

Finally, I found a converter by Patton Electronics which I think will do the job just fine!

Tim.