Siemens PLC & Phoenix contact remote i/o analog card

dr_dirtg

[FONT=&quot]Hello, new to the forum, been here over the years on and off, but now I am more involved at work so I run into more difficult problems....
Maybe someone can help me out:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The PLC is a Siemens 300 series.
I have added a Phoenix Contact remote i/o Card to an existing remote rack:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ib il ai 8/sf-pac[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 2861412[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I added it to hardware config, but I do not get the option to set up what type of signal i will be monitoring (volt, current, signal type 4-20ma/0-10v/etc) I can however setup the address of my PIW input. My analog sensor does provide a variable signal, i tried setting it to voltage and then to current, but my input PIW 256 address is showing -32768 at all times. I even created a small resistor volt drop and put 5 volts input to the analog card, it still shows -32768.

Any ideas?

Thank you

[/FONT]

You added the card to the Phoenix adapter/rack.
Don't you need to use the Phoenix hardware config to define the module parameters settings?

I thought about this, and looked on phoenix's website, but did not find a definite answer and assumed i do not need to...
Although I may be wrong.
Does anyone know what piece of software and any special cable is needed?

I haven't used Phoenix and I may be way off but...
With similar setup and Wago remote adapters you have to define the modules/addressing, etc and also parameters if available via the Adapters software package.
The GSD for the adapter will bring over everything to the Siemens controller assuming that everything has been mapped as it shoud be.
the -32768 reading is open/underflow all that good stuff.

well i just did some more research, and looks like i need phoenix's proprietary software PC Worx to be able to do anything with this remote i/o rack.

I will talk to my boss and see if he wants to spend some $.

Thanks for now :)

The ib il ai 8/sf-pac 2861412 is just a remote I/O card but you also need a communication card from Phoenix + the GSD file to be able to communicate with the S7-300. After you have all that, you can configure everything in the step7 software (hardware config).